[mythtvnz] vdpau patch updates, 23 Dec

David Zanetti dave2 at wetstring.net
Mon Dec 22 21:33:58 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 05:46 +1300, Michael Dilger wrote:
> Newest patches (3219724) merged into newest mplayer/ffmpeg
> (r28178/r16270) are available from http://www.mikedilger.com/nvidia/
> (which has links to the patches, and the newest driver 180.17).
>
> There is definitely improvement here:
>  -- no more green frames
>  -- doesn't seem to crash any more often than mplayer itself crashes
> And still room to improve
>  -- We still get a lot of frames out of order.

MythTV trunk works with 180.17 too (since there are API changes).

Nothing much for the sample streams I have seems to have gotten much
better. Most work, but at least one has massive frame ordering problems.

Roll on next Nvidia release :)

--
David Zanetti <dave2 at wetstring.net>
http://hairy.geek.nz/