[mythtvnz] DiB 0700 firmware 1.10 or 1.20 (NOVA-T-500, among others)

Michael Dilger mike at mikedilger.com
Wed Dec 3 11:05:59 GMT 2008

Just FYI, for those with a NOVA-T-500, if you are using firmware 1.10
because the remote control doesn't work with the new firmware 1.20, you
may be interested to know that Devin Heitmueller apparently has fixed
this bug very recently.   See this page:

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/428e5f9247f283cf

I haven't tried it yet (I'm gitting it now).   I've been using the
v4l-dvb mercurial sources, and I have yet to see which source tree is
ahead of which.

Even with this bug fixed, I'm staying with the 1.10 firmware because
with 1.20 I get a lot of random disconnects.  My card has been very
naughty, causing other PCI cards to fail to present themselves, or to
disappear itself requiring actual removal and reseating into a different
PCI slot for it to reappear.   This has been on two separate computers,
so I'm pretty sure it's the card.  (model 0x9950,
USB_PID_HAUPPAUGE_NOVA_T_500_2).

-Mike