[mythtvnz] DVB-T HD - what level in the h264 standard?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:05:01 GMT 2008

Having seen various reports emerge about VDPAU I would be interested
to know what "Level" the h264 encoding on the various DVB-T
transmissions on Freeview.

For example Scott Davilla on the mythtv-user list tells me that in
relation to a PCI 8400 card with an Atom cpu. "720p h.264 L4.1 levels
of various profiles [works fine]. bit-rate does not seem to matter.
Given this, 1080p of L4.1 should also be fine. L5.1 levels need to
wait for the nvidia driver to improve. Most of my 720p content is via
HD-PVR."

Anyone able to comment?