[mythtvnz] Anyone successfully using CoreAVC for h264 decoding ?

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Sun Aug 31 22:28:58 BST 2008

I've been trying to get this to go, I've patched, built and installed
the modified code as stated in the coreavc-for-linux pages on google

When I run this

dshowserver -c CoreAVCDecoder.ax -s 1280x720 -g 09571a4b-f1fe-4c60-9760de6d310c7c31 -b 12 -f 0x34363248 -o 0x30323449

>> I get this

No id specified, assuming test mode
Opening device
len: 992
ProductVersion: 1.7.0
Decoder supports the following YUV formats: YUY2 UYVY YV12 I420
Decoder is capable of YUV output (flags 0x2b)
Setting fmt
Starting
Initialization is complete

After following the instructions when I run mythfrontend there is no speedup on TV3.
"top" doesn't report dshowserver as a process that is gobbling CPU.

What are the settings in the playback menu that I should be using to ensure its use?
What is the best way to find out why it isn't working?

Thanks
Graeme