[mythtvnz] Question about building Pauls Mythtv + Patches

graeme graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz
Mon Aug 25 10:45:08 BST 2008

>>> My current patch to  libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp around line
>>> 1588  is as follows
>>>
>>>                 if (CODEC_ID_H264 == enc->codec_id)
>>>                 {
>>>                    VERBOSE(VB_PLAYBACK, LOC + "Turning off loop
>>> filter");
>>>                      enc->skip_loop_filter = AVDISCARD_ALL;
>>>                    VERBOSE(VB_PLAYBACK, LOC + "Enabling Fast decode
>>> mode");
>>>                      enc->flags           |= CODEC_FLAG2_FAST;
>>>                  }

The above patch appears to have lowered the CPU demand on 720p, doesn't
go above 80%.
Alias TV3 is still topping out the CPU peaking at 113% at nice -17.
Still no cigar.
Are there any other fiddles I can do to get TV3 to play without stuttering

>> The main problem with the audio is that it seems the sse2 version of
>> float_to_int16_interleave_sse2 causes the segfault. What I did to fix
>> this was
>> to go the end of libavcodec/i386/dsputil_mmx.c change the assignment
>> c->float_to_int16_interleave = float_to_int16_interleave_sse2;
>> on line 2864 to
>> c->float_to_int16_interleave = float_to_int16_interleave_sse;
>>
>> That fixed the audio for me. YMMV.

The above change with SSE2 to SSE has made a big difference to the stability