[mythtvnz] Freeview|HD - anyone tried a Mac?

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Mon Aug 25 01:33:04 BST 2008

Nick Rout wrote:

> Yeah I figured that would be the case with linux, but I had hoped Apple
> might allow some sort of open api to the hardware decoding through a OSX
> API. Pipe dream I guess, knowing apple!

Someone like Nigel or Daniel K, or one of the Devs who have been looking
at the Mac OS X side of things would have a more definitive answer on
what APIs Apple might have published. There appears to be something
called DVDV that uses the mac hardware for accelerating some functions.
  It looks like it's part of VID-fixes branch.

  - Wade