[mythtvnz] Question about building Pauls Mythtv + Patches

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun Aug 24 03:57:56 BST 2008

On 24/08/2008, at 2:18 PM, Graeme Woollett wrote:

> Sorry if I've missed the obvious places for the instructions.  I can
> only find references to the tar ball...
>
> This is the deb for the binary
>
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/paul-kcbbs/ubuntu hardy main

Add the following for getting the source as well

deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/paul-kcbbs/ubuntu hardy main

> Are there deb-source packages available that can be modified and built
> into debs the "debian way " rather then the tar ball approach.
>
> This way all the development file dependencies are taken care of
> making
> the source much easier to build
>
> If so what is the deb-src line I need to use, what does the apt-get
> line
> look like?
>
> My CPU isn't quite fast enough for TV3 so I need to make binaries that
> have it enabled.

Thinking the same myself

> Thats unless somebody else has made some custom debs with it enabled?
>
> I'm quite happy changing files but don't have the time to manually
> satisfy all the dev dependencies.

mkdir src
cd src
sudo apt-get source mythtv
sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv

You should then have an Ubuntu/Debian friendly build tree to play with.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz