[mythtvnz] CPU required for Freeview HD

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Aug 20 12:18:41 BST 2008

On 20/08/2008, at 10:02 PM, Paul Kendall wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 August 2008 21:14:51 Steven Ellis wrote:
>> On 20/08/2008, at 8:56 PM, Hayden Lovett wrote:
>>> I have run my 5200+ using the patch with success on all channels and
>>> most of the time on TV3.  Its still early days so I haven't had a
>>> dig around to see why it sometimes works fine.  Be interested to
>>> hear from anybody else using this CPU.
>>
>> Thanks for that
>>
>> How stable is it for you?
>>
>> While I was testing I did a lot of live TV channel switching and
>> usually after 5-6 channels the frontend would crash
>>
>> Steve
>>

> I found a couple of bugs to do with audio which I sorted out which
> caused this
> behavior, and I'll have a new build on my PPA soon.

Some of the issues also appear to be around how the H.264 stream is
parsed, hence why changing channels a lot appears to aggravate it. I
can cause the segfault simply switching between channels that have
AC-3 support although not a frequently

> I might also look at adding a setting do disable the loop_filter
> which should
> make border-line machines capable.

That would be awesome. I was going to do a custom build off your
sources with that enabled.

Also what do you use for your builds? Do you have a full pebuild based
environment or are you using your own Myth box?

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz