[mythtvnz] DVB-T signal strength and CPU usage

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Mon Aug 18 02:01:34 BST 2008

Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:58:45 +1200, you wrote:
>

> Yes, that would be way low on either of my tuners.  But the numbers
> seem to vary from tuner to tuner so it is not always clear what are
> good or bad numbers.  Also, where are you?  The lowest frequency UHF
> channels are normally the ones with the best signal, and from Wharite
> that is the TVNZ multiplex, which I can pick up with the tiny portable
> antenna that came with my HVR-900.  But getting the TV3 or Kordia
> multiplexes requires using the main external antenna on the roof.

I'm in Wainuiomata, Lower Hutt.

I don't have LOS to Fitzhertbert, its mildly blocked by a hill with a
water tower on it.  Having said that all the skytv UHF antennas in my
immediate neighborhood are pointing in that direction.
I have a old rusty UHF antenna with a masthead amp.

I've  noticed that the multiplex for TV3 is higher in frequency than TVNZ.

The freeview coverage locator with my street says its "very likey" that
I can receive it.

I think I might need at some point to splash out and buy a new and
higher gain antenna.