[mythtvnz] Quality of WinTV PVR 150

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 10:40:30 BST 2008

Steve,

I have used my OVR150 under Vista MCE, mythTV and Mediaportal for over
a year in different physical locations and found its picture quality
to be generally be pretty good. Now it is clearly inferior to the
Freeview channels on my box (the PVR150 is just for Prime not
suprisingly) but I don't see anything particularily bad about it. It
probably is a bit worse than a decent TV's internal tuner can be (bit
more blocky at times, I havn't done a through comparison on this) but
that will happen when encoding then decoding the video.

In my case the signal goes through a powered splitter the two internal
cards (Nova T 500 and PVR 150) and TV, probably necessary for analogue
TV off any split signal.

Hope that helps, I'm plenty of others here have this card so you
should be a able to make a democratic decision!

Andrew