[mythtvnz] OT ish LG 42LG53FR,LG 42 inch Full HD LCD TV

David Zanetti dave2 at wetstring.net
Tue Aug 12 11:05:03 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 18:09 +1200, Graeme Woollett wrote:
> Has anyone had experience with this unit?
> Is it detected via dvi/hdmi by an nvidia based graphics card, and can
> xorg/nvidia drive it properly at its max resolution?
> Its currently $1699 at LV Martins, seems to good to be true...

Even more OT, speaking of reporting working configs, I've had no
problems with my new Sony KDL-46W4000.. X reports 1920x1080 straight
away when connected via a DVI-HDMI cable.

(It *does* warn the EDID data has some issues, because the TV reports
1080p24 as a valid mode, but doesn't include 24Hz as a valid vertical
refresh.)

--
David Zanetti <dave2 at wetstring.net>
http://hairy.geek.nz/