[mythtvnz] FW: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1300

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Mon Aug 11 23:11:14 BST 2008

I finally got an HVR-1300 running in my box yesterday. Only the DVB-T part
of the card works with the current drivers, analogue is no-go. Check out
www.linuxtv.org under hardware for info on setting up the driver, obtaining
firmware image, etc. Note you will need the latest l4v-dvb to use the card,
it complied fine for me but I had some problems getting it to work, then I
updated everything I could on my box (Mythbuntu 8.02) and compiled again and
it worked fine.

As per previous posts in this list, once you have it running you are only
half way there. I used Paul Kendalls Ubuntu repository with all his patches
(http://pkendall.homeip.net/) - just set it up and let it rip, but I guess
you will want to compile from his source. (Thanks Paul!). My card now works,
however after about 15 minutes of running its starts getting the blockies
and then crashes the front-end unless I stop and restart Live TV, so still
some work to do. Also, my box struggles with 1080 source, I think my
processor is too slow (2GHz Pentium Dual Core) - can anyone recommend what
processor works well with 1080 on DVB-T?

James.

Message: 5