[mythtvnz] Debugging epgsnoop problem.

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Aug 11 22:15:52 BST 2008

Me and epgsnoop - we do have problems!!

The latest one may be related to updating to python-2.5. epgsnoop (after a
re-install just in case!!) errors as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/epgsnoop", line 167, in <module>
    print output(channels, programs)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position
302228-302268: ordinal not in range(128)

10 minutes later, the same error but in a different place.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/epgsnoop", line 167, in <module>
    print output(channels, programs)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xa0' in
position 569601: ordinal not in range(128)

Trouble is, I can't examine the 'place' because there is no temp file
lurking anywhere that I can check to see what it barfs on. What I need is
a clue on how to patch epgsnoop to create/leave a temp file I can either
check or be able to pass it through epgsnoop repeatedly to see what is
going on.

Hads - seems as I'm causing more problems for you!!

--
Robin Gilks