[mythtvnz] Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1300, Internal PCI Analogue/ Digital TV card

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 06:57:51 BST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Steven Mulvay
<steven.mulvay at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Can anyone confirm or deny the compatibility of the Hauppauge
> WinTV-HVR-1300 Internal PCI Analogue/ Digital TV card with Linux and
> MythTV? Would Linux be able to use it's hardware MPEG -2 encoder for
> analogue TV? Is it's remote control compatible?
>
> Here is the card's web page:
> http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hvr1300.html

One thing I hate about wikis is that people don't date their entry or
refer to versions of drivers when making broad statements. However as
best I can ascertain this is a dual card (analogue and terrestrial
digital, as you say) and that only one function can be used at a time.
In other words it is not without problems. But they may have been
fixed. Up to date info is hard to find.

Possibly the main mythtv users mailing list may be better informed.

See near the bottom of this page:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist_(Setup)

also here (not much use)

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_PVR_Card_Matrix