[mythtvnz] Recording options for Olympic Coverage

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 14:36:48 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 12:15 AM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> > On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Thought I'd have a go at what Dean had done to learn how to drive Custom
> >> Record rules but I've failed.
> >>
> >> My question is, having created a rule and saved it as either a search or
> >> an example, how do I get back to it to change it. The EDIT line at the
> >> top
> >> of Custom Record only has the '<New rule>' title in it, it never scrolls
> >> to the new rules I have made even though if saved as a search they are
> >> visible from Stored Searches under the search menu. No idea where the
> >> example one went!! I saved it but not seen it since :-(
> >>

> > Unfortunately that page is not as obvious as it should be. Hit "Record"
> > instead of "Store". This uses the rule for automatic recording - which is
> > what you want I think. "Store" as a search uses the rule for the stored
> > searched function, i.e. it lets you use the rule to find programs but
> > doesn't automatically schedule them. "Store" as an example adds the query
> > the list of query fragments on the custom record page. So you can save a
> > clever piece of query for use in future rules.
>
> So I take it then that having created these test (search/example) pieces I
> can now neither edit them or delete them.... hmmmm - useful...

You can edit them by creating a rule of the same name, adding the existing
rule's text with the add button, making your modifications, and then storing
the rule again. I don't know if it's possible to delete them - I couldn't
find any obvious way to do it so ended up deleting them from the database
manually.

Cheers,