[mythtvnz] Recording around conflicts [not really a solution]

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Wed Aug 6 09:59:07 BST 2008

Dean,

2008/8/6 Dean Pemberton <dean at deanpemberton.com>:
> You don't mention if your tuner is a satellite card.
> If it is and you add a second one then you'll be able to use multirec to
> record as many things as you like from freeview.

Just one analogue tuner, unfortunately. I don't have either a UHF
aerial or a satellite so I don't know what to buy. A satellite seems
the best option because I don't think my computer can handle HD
without hardware assistance. If only HD was broadcast over the same
medium as SD!

Is there a test 1080 HD signal that I can use to see if my computer
could handle the stream?

Regards
Aaron

--