[mythtvnz] Weak Sky signal, MythTV/Freeview fine

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Mon Aug 4 08:36:55 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 19:16 +1200, Bob . wrote:
> A new flatmate has moved in, bringing his Sky decoder.  I tried
> unplugging MythTV and connecting the Sky decoder (no splitters), but a
> signal check shows fluctuating signal up to a max of 40%.  Obviously
> no pictures.
>

> I thought Sky had changed to the same polarity as freeview so they
> should both work at once.  Any ideas on what the problem might be, or
> debugging steps to take?

The first thing that comes to mind is different LOF offsets. The older
Sky dishes (normal looking LNB) are 11.3 IIRC and the newer dual ones
are 10.75. The Sky box will need to be setup to handle whatever yours
is if it's different than what it was plugged into before.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealands Open Source Hardware Supplier