[mythtvnz] epgsnoop confusing Prime and TVNZ 7

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Aug 3 05:41:25 BST 2008

> Turns out that by coincidence I've been recording something from Freeview
> 3 nights running at 1:00am when the epgsnoop script wants to tune to the
> Sky multiplex to get the Prime epg.
>
> As it happens, Prime is on pid 1038 on the Sky mux and TVNZ7 is the same
> pid on the Freeview mux so having failed to tune, epgsnoop grabbed the
> wrong data!! Guess I'll have to improve the script that runs
> dvbtune/epgsnoop to avoid this since it of course overrides existing Prime
> data.

Having checked my epg getting script, it uses a little python script from
Hads (myth_recorder_status) that checks that a cardid is free. Is this
still going to work with virtual tuners?

My DVB card appears as tuners 7, 8 & 9 and when its busy with a single
recording it uses cardid 9 - I can see problems with testing just for this
though when 2 recording start close to each other, presumably on virtual
tuners 8 & 9 in my case, and if the one on tuner 9 finishes then my script
will check and assume the DVB card is free and start playing with it :-(

Not knowing much about python, is it possible to pass a list of cardids to
myth_recorder_status and check they are all free?

--
Robin Gilks