[mythtvnz] DTT testing - Wellington

Michael Dilger mike at mikedilger.com
Tue Apr 29 01:51:04 BST 2008

Douglas Pearless wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> That is a very good idea. I am not that up to speed on programming
> under linux, how did you achieve keeping things separate & the static
> compile?

I think Craig's reply was probably more relevant.  I doubt what I
suspected actually happened.

mplayer-svn puts the development libraries in there statically by
default.   If you configure with "--enable-static" it will be fully
static, which is probably just a huge waste of disk space....(do an ldd
on mplayer and you'll see what I mean).   All that matters here is that
the libraries built in the svn code get put in there statically, and
that should happen by default.

Try this and then look to see what got installed into
/opt/mplayer-svn/lib, if anything:

$ mkdir -p /opt/mplayer-svn
$ cd /opt/mplayer-svn
$ svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk
$ cd trunk
$ CFLAGS= ./configure --prefix=/opt/mplayer-svn --disable-mencoder
--enable-lirc
$ make
$ sudo make install

For me, there isn't even a lib directory created.

Mike