[mythtvnz] DTT testing - Wellington - MPLAYER SVN results...

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Mon Apr 28 12:55:56 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 23:17 +1200, Craig Whitmore wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 23:04 +1200, Douglas Pearless wrote:
> >   I've taken the plunge and followed the directions on mythtv.org.nz
> > and used SVN version of mplayer.
> >
> > I record 5 seconds of TV3 from Kaukau and use <ctrl-c> to stop it, I
> > then play back and I get:
> >

> > Starting playback...
> > FAAD: error: Channel coupling not yet implemented, trying to resync!
> > FAAD: error: Invalid number of channels, trying to resync!
> > FAAD: error: Channel coupling not yet implemented, trying to resync!
> > FAAD: error: Invalid number of channels, trying to resync!
> > FAAD: error: Invalid number of channels, trying to resync!
> > FAAD: error: Invalid number of channels, trying to resync!
> > FAAD: error: Gain control not yet implemented, trying to resync!
> > FAAD: error: Channel coupling not yet implemented, trying to resync!
> > FAAD: error: Invalid number of channels, trying to resync!
> > FAAD: error: Channel coupling not yet implemented, trying to resync!

edit libfaad/common.h

uncomment
#define USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION
#define FIXED_POINT
#define BIG_IQ_TABLE
#define SSR_DEC
#define LTP_DEC
#define LD_DEC
#define SCALABLE_DEC
#define DRM
#define DRM_PS

and recompile mplayer..

Now.. mplayer does not crash with the type of files you just made.. BUT
seems SSR_DEC is broken so you will not get audio on those files.. but
if the audio is supported it will play perfectly well.

Thanks
Craig