[mythtvnz] DTT testing - Wellington - MPLAYER SVN results...

Kenneth Dixon ken.dixon at clear.net.nz
Mon Apr 28 12:29:01 BST 2008

Hi Douglas, for mplayer, looks like you need the dev
packages to compile mplayerSVN with all the vo devices. For
mythbuntu follow these instructions, the dev packages you
want are 'hardy heron' then recompile mplayer-svn:
If you still have problems with FAAD errors, you can turn of
the the sound with the -nosound switch in your mplayer
arguments, and see if the video is ok.

As for the mythtv problem, try a machine restart if you
haven't already.

Ken

----- Original Message Follows -----

>      I've taken the plunge and followed the
directions on
> mythtv.org.nz and used SVN version of mplayer.
>
>    I record 5 seconds of TV3 from Kaukau and use <ctrl-c>
> to stop it,   I then play back and I get:
>
>    muthbuntu at muthbuntu:~/mplayer_svn$ ./mplayer tv3b.ts
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r26555-4.2.3 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz (Family: 15, Model: 3
> , Stepping: 4) CPUflags:&#160; MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0
3DNow2:
> 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1 Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX
> MMX2 SSE SSE2
>
> Playing tv3b.ts.
> TS file format detected.
> VIDEO H264(pid=450) AUDIO AAC(pid=400) NO SUBS
(yet)!&#160;
> [...]
> not yet implemented, trying to resync! FAAD: error:
> Channel coupling not yet implemented, trying to resync!
> FAAD: error: Invalid number of channels, trying to resync!
> FAAD: error: Channel coupling not yet implemented, trying
> to resync! FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Channel coupling
> not yet implemented FAAD: error: Invalid number of
> channels, trying to resync! ??,?% 0 0 FAAD: error: Channel
> coupling not yet implemented, trying to resync! FAAD:
> error: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded,
> trying to resync! FAAD: error: Invalid number of channels,
> trying to resync! FAAD: error: Channel coupling not yet
> implemented, trying to resync! FAAD: error: Quantised
> value out of range, trying to resync! FAAD: error: Channel
> coupling not yet implemented, trying to resync! FAAD:
> error: Scalefactor out of range, trying to resync! FAAD:
> error: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded,
> trying to resync! FAAD: error: Channel coupling not yet
> implemented, trying to resync! FAAD: Failed to decode
> frame: Channel coupling not yet implemented VDec: vo
> config request - 1920 x 1080 (preferred colorspace: Planar
> YV12) VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
> Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie
> aspect. VO: [null] 1920x1080 => 1920x1080 Planar YV12
> FAAD: error: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded,
> trying to resync! FAAD: error: Maximum number of
> scalefactor bands exceeded, trying to resync! FAAD: error:
> Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded, trying to
> resync! FAAD: error: Invalid number of channels, trying to
> resync! FAAD: error: Gain control not yet implemented,
> trying to resync! FAAD: error: Channel coupling not yet
> implemented, trying to resync! FAAD: error: Channel
> coupling not yet implemented, trying to resync! FAAD:
> error: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded,
> trying to resync! FAAD: error: Invalid number of channels,
> trying to resync! FAAD: error: Gain control not yet
> implemented, trying to resync! FAAD: Failed to decode
> frame: Gain control not yet implemented [h264 @
> 0x8718930]B picture before any references, skipping [h264
> @ 0x8718930]decode_slice_header error [h264 @ 0x8718930]no
> frame! Error while decoding frame!
> FAAD: error: Channel coupling not yet implemented, trying
> to resync! FAAD: error: Maximum number of scalefactor
> bands exceeded, trying to resync! FAAD: error: Invalid
> number of channels, trying to resync! FAAD: error: Channel
> coupling not yet implemented, trying to resync! FAAD:
> error: Invalid number of channels, trying to resync! FAAD:
> error: Channel coupling not yet implemented, trying to
> resync! FAAD: error: Maximum number of scalefactor bands
> exceeded, trying to resync! FAAD: error: Channel coupling
> not yet implemented, trying to resync!
>
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_audio
> - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
> &#160; Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a
'gdb'
> backtrace and &#160; disassembly. Details in
> DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash. -
> MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen. &#160; It can be a
bug
> in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
&#160;
> gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please
> read &#160; DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the
> instructions there. We can't and &#160; won't help unless
you