[mythtvnz] DTT testing - Wellington

Michael Dilger mike at mikedilger.com
Mon Apr 28 12:21:51 BST 2008

Douglas Pearless wrote:

> I've taken the plunge and followed the directions on mythtv.org.nz and
> used SVN to get the latest mplayer, BUT I seem to have broken mythtv.

I recommend building mplayer-svn into a separate directory hierarchy,
like /opt or /usr/local, so it doesn't interfere with the needs of other
software like MythTV... because it is, after all, bleeding edge.

I'd be suprised to hear that the mplayer-svn install, installed into
prefix=/, overwrote anything of significance other than the mplayer
binary itself.... the fact that you are getting errors now would
indicate that maybe ffmpeg(libavcodec) was replaced?  On my system at
least, configure defaults to building all the support libraries (i.e.
ffmpeg, a52dec, dvdread, libao, etc) statically and stuffing them all
into the mplayer binary, and NOT replacing the system versions.

Mike