[mythtvnz] DTT testing - Wellington

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun Apr 27 11:43:47 BST 2008

On Sun, April 27, 2008 9:59 pm, Douglas Pearless wrote:
> Well, I have my Hauppauge Nova T 500 working, and mythfrontend
> occasionally crashes with a segment fault.
>
> My processor is way underpowered (Celeron D running at 2.85GHz with
> 512MB or RAM!) so it is very jerky.
>
> I have not sound, as I understand the NZ setp is a bit different...
>
> I tried the weekly mythbuntu builds, but that completely broke my
> installation so I gave up and re-installed from scratch (mythbuntu 8.04).
>
> Does anyone have mythtv working properly with DVB-T (preferably with a
> Nova T 500)?

Hi Douglas and welcome to the testing team

You need to start from first principles and start to walk before we can run..

Pt 1 - MPlayer from SVN sources

You need to get this working with TV One + TV 2.

Pt 2 - Check you performance

I doubt you have enough grunt for Pt 1.

Pt 3.. Well we'll discuss this later when we have conquered Pt 2.
Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz