[mythtvnz] Does size matter?

James Gray james6.0 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 23:10:42 BST 2008

I personally use a 65cm dish (just the old sky sat that happened to be
on the house when we moved in) and get a fine signal from it (around
70% signal). A guy from work who bought an 80cm dish noted that these
get stronger signal than 65cm dishes that he's played with (around
90-100% apparently).

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am contemplating buying a satellite dish for Optus D1 Freeview. They
>  seem to come in 80 and 65 cm sizes (from DSE). I am in central
>  ChCh/Merivale. I am only interested in D1, not other satellites. There
>  is not a huge price difference, but I want to keep it small and tidy
>  if possible. The dish will probably be quite low on the building so
>  its not visible from the street (landlord request).
>
>  Cheers all.
>  Nick.

 /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ / No HTML/RTF in email