[mythtvnz] Cause of occasional audio/video jumps in playback?

Mark van Dijk mark.van.dijk at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 15 10:55:51 BST 2008

From: Matt Poff <matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz>
> Subject: [mythtvnz] Cause of occasional audio/video jumps in playback?
>
> up 3 virtual tuners on each Skystar II card (from reading the list,
> looks like the same set-up as Hads) and everything's working well
> except my recordings have occasional drop-outs in audio and/or video
> during playback. When I say drop-out I mean the stream glitches and a

> half-second of audio/video disappears.

I also did the same upgrade about 2-3 weeks ago.  From the moment I did
the upgrade, I have noticed that the audio & video occasionally stutter
and get out of sync.  The effect is quite minor, and is pretty easy to
ignore, however it definitely wasn't there before I did the upgrade.

My tuner is a Hauppague PVR500 (if that makes any difference).

There are two aspects to the issues:
1) very slight stutter/jump of audio and video every few seconds.  Most
of the time this is almost imperceptable, however occasionally it gets
quite noticable.
2) the audio drifts slightly in and out of sync over a period of about
30 seconds.  Again, quite mild.

I haven't actually looked at this issue at all or tried to fix anything
as it hasn't really been bothering me too much.

--
Mark