[mythtvnz] Cause of occasional audio/video jumps in playback?

Cameron McConnochie cmcconnochie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 01:19:04 BST 2008

I've been noticing something which might be related.

I've got a similar setup, except only one SkyStar II card with MultiRec.  I
have a splitter going to my myth box with the other end going to Sky
digital.  Sometimes when watching Sky the image freezes for a second.  Its
always done this when I reboot my Myth box, but lately its been doing it
intermittently and seems to line up with recordings starting.  The only
things I've changed recently is upgrading to 0.21 and enabling MultiRec.

Its not a huge issue for me as it only seems to affect SKY, not the
recordings.  I hope this information helps you out Matt.

Cameron

On 15/04/2008, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 April 2008 11:37:23 Matt Poff wrote:
> > I recently did an upgrade to the Ubuntu Gutsy backport of 0.21 and set-
> > up 3 virtual tuners on each Skystar II card (from reading the list,
> > looks like the same set-up as Hads)
>

> Yeah, the same except the cards - I'm using Technotrend ones.
>

> > and everything's working well
> > except my recordings have occasional drop-outs in audio and/or video
> > during playback. When I say drop-out I mean the stream glitches and a
> > half-second of audio/video disappears.
>
> [...]
>
> > Have done a bit of Googling on this but none of the troubleshooting
> > symptoms I found seemed applicable to what I'm getting here. Anyone
> > else got these sort of artifacts with multirec set-up?
>

> Can't say I see those issues here. The only thing that sounds slightly
> familiar is when the DVB cards tune there is often a slight (<500ms)
> interrupt in the Sky feed. It's not bothered me enough to look into it.
>
> hads
>
> --
> http://nicegear.co.nz
> VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware. Linux laptops.

Cameron McConnochie
MSN: cams at free.net.nz

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."