[mythtvnz] Cause of occasional audio/video jumps in playback?

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Tue Apr 15 00:37:23 BST 2008

I recently did an upgrade to the Ubuntu Gutsy backport of 0.21 and set-
up 3 virtual tuners on each Skystar II card (from reading the list,
looks like the same set-up as Hads) and everything's working well
except my recordings have occasional drop-outs in audio and/or video
during playback. When I say drop-out I mean the stream glitches and a
half-second of audio/video disappears.

Apart from setting up multirec I left all my other MythTV settings as
they were for 0.20. I did originally  up the  simultaneous jobs
setting from 1 to 2 but have since set this back to one with no
noticeable difference.

Have done a bit of Googling on this but none of the troubleshooting
symptoms I found seemed applicable to what I'm getting here. Anyone
else got these sort of artifacts with multirec set-up?