[mythtvnz] NZ DVB-T Patch for Mythtv

Greg Brackley lists-mythtv-nz at lucidsolutions.co.nz
Mon Apr 14 00:01:21 BST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Whitmore" <lennon at orcon.net.nz>
> Most of the other countries have most things specificlly set. Any reason
> why not to force everything. ie
>
> fmap["dvbt_ofdm_nz0"] = new FrequencyTable(
>        474000000, 858000000, 8000000, "", 0,
> DTVInversion::kInversionOff,
>        DTVBandwidth::kBandwidth8MHz, DTVCodeRate::kFEC_3_4,
>        DTVCodeRate::kFEC_3_4, DTVModulation::kModulationQAM64,
>        DTVTransmitMode::kTransmissionMode8K,
>        DTVGuardInterval::kGuardInterval_1_16,
> DTVHierarchy::kHierarchyNone,
>        DTVModulation::kModulationQAM64, 0 , 0); // UHF 21-69

Firstly, I consider myself to be a newbie on this. That say, I would tend to
provide parameters that provide the least constraint for future DVB-T
signals, while trying to be the most interoperable with the current signal
and set of tuners available at the current time. My understanding is that
some tuners don't support 'auto' for some parameters. I'm unclear as to the
effect of setting this parameters in the presence of a weak signal.

Looking through the 0.21 fixes branch, I would characterise most entries as
being on 'auto', with the exception of the UK.