[mythtvnz] Best mythbuntu upgrade path...

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Apr 9 07:07:30 BST 2008

On Wed, April 9, 2008 5:04 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 April 2008 16:57:22 Toby Mills wrote:
>> Should I install 7.10 final on the server as well and wait for the final
>> version of 8.04 then upgrade everything to 8.04 over the wire. Or should
>> go for 8.04 beta and then upgrade to final when it comes out in a few
>> weeks.
>
> I have no experience with Mythbuntu but Ubuntu Hardy is due out real soon
> now
> and it's been stable here for quite some time. I wouldn't expect any
> issues
> installing that now and running upgrade(s) from that. That would be my
> preference.

Mythbuntu 8.04 beta works well on the myPVR hardware, although to date
isn't as stable as our own myPVR 2.0 build.

I also know a someone who is using Hardy Beta day to day on his laptop
that has some stability issues and occasional kernel freezes.

Now GM is just over 2 weeks away so It might be worth trying 8.04 beta and
a full patch update.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz