[mythtvnz] HDD size for OS

Noel & Di noel at igrin.co.nz
Sat Apr 5 10:28:23 BST 2008

Setting up another fe/be combo, I found in a junk box a 1.7Gb HDD which
I thought would be good for an OS-only drive, & subsequently put
Mythbuntu 8.04 onto it with the intention of using a 400Gb drive as the
storage drive.. the first of several in fact.

Well SQL would nae start - the OS drive was too small, and it squealed
about the database ending unexpectedly. How sad.

Question: what is a reasonable size for an OS-only HDD?

I've got a couple of 40's and an 80 /somewhere/, in a safe place. just
gotta find them. Might be quicker to buy another drive :o/
Noel