[mythtvnz] Debugging DTT support

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Apr 2 03:16:44 BST 2008

I'll try and write the up properly at mythtv.co.nz but for the moment for
anyone with a DTT capture card the following might be useful.

Step 1
Grab a copy of mplayer from SVN as you will need all of the latest patches.
 svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk

Step 2
You will need a ~/.mplayer/channels.conf file, see attached as an example

Step 3
Grab some samples from the major channels, eg

mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile tv6.ts dvb://"TVNZ 6"

Step 4
Try and playback the samples using your SVN build of mplayer

Step 5
Report back what does/doesn't work and your setup, eg
Processor
RAM
OS version
Additional patches
Load for 720p
Load for 576i
Load for 1080i

Known Issues
1. HE-AAC LATM audio can report odd errors or occasionally not work
2. HE-AAC Audio sync issues on interlaced video
3. Odd video artifacts on interlaced streams

Working Configs
OpenMedia - AMD AM2 3600x2 - 720p OK but very high CPU load, can't do 1080i

I'll report back when I have a page up to capture this, and thanks to
Craig for giving me the poke to start this thread.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales at openmedia.co.nz