[mythtvnz] OT: Cat5e sharing phone and audio - any issues?

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri Sep 21 22:03:23 BST 2007

Cheers. The mp3 streaming solutions look good but don't work for me at
the moment as I don't keep a server running in the house 24/7 and don't
want to plant powered-speakers everywhere. When I do want to stream
audio I can do that at the moment with an Airport Express and laptop.

So I'm thinking I'll still do a couple of runs of the Lexcom (one for
Gigabit Ethernet, the other to share phone and ... whatever may come
along). I'll add in a run of 4-core 14AWG speaker cable (the longest run
is 20m but to low Ohm outdoor speakers). This guy does a 50M roll of
cotton yarn insulated cable for $160:

http://www.dynamix.co.nz/index.html?VS=p&G=CA-1450-2&P=&ID=5260820

Cory's does the Lexcom for $1.87/mtr trade so I reckon a couple of runs
of this and the audio should be pretty good future proofing...