[mythtvnz] OT: Cat5e sharing phone and audio - any issues?

yuri mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri Sep 21 09:12:49 BST 2007

On 21/09/2007, Matt Poff wrote:
> One cable will be used for Gigabit ethernet (for future high def video
> streaming to Myth Front Ends) and the other I'll split to carry phone
> and 2-channel analogue audio (can't afford to run optical cable, don't
> have home theatre yet and suspect I never will in the bedrooms so
> 2-channel is fine).

Don't bother. Run some high quality speaker cable instead.
Coax (RG6) is not too expensive so you might as well throw some of
that in as well - future proofing.

Alternatively, you could get an ethernet music player that plays mp3
files streamed from a server. (eg SliMP3 - google it. There may be
others too)

Yuri