[mythtvnz] Re: Help with Skystar 2 PCI card

Sam Hadley-Jones mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue Sep 18 12:42:39 BST 2007

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to get my Skystar 2 PCI card going, and have about as much
> success as I did with the USB device. I'm running Ubuntu Feisty Fawn
> (64 bit), and have a Sky dish that was installed three months ago. I
> have the satellite cable plugged straight into the pci card (i.e. no
> splitter yet)
>
> This is the output from dvbtune:
>
> simon@mythbox:~$ dvbtune -f 1733000 -s 22500 -p h -m
> Using DVB card "ST STV0299 DVB-S"
> tuning DVB-S to L-Band:0, Pol:H Srate=22500000, 22kHz=off
> ERROR setting tone
> : Invalid argument
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS:
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_CARRIER
> polling....
> polling....
> polling....
> polling....
> polling....
> polling....
>
> I get the same error when I use the frequency of 1183000. Does anyone
> have any ideas of what I am doing wrong?
>
> TIA
>
>   -- simon

Simon,

Your dvbtune command looks correct. It's missing "FE_HAS_LOCK" - weak
signal maybe?

Have you still got a sky decoder available? Use it (or another set top
box) to check whether you're getting a clear signal.

Sam.