[mythtvnz] Hello from new member

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue Sep 18 09:04:50 BST 2007

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:14:56 David Lowe wrote:
> Hello,

Hi, welcome.

[snip]
> And if there is a good EPG somewhere,
> I'd love to get it (even if it meant forking out some money?)

I think most people are either grabbing from epg.pvr.geek.nz (or one of the
other copies) or using tv_grab_dvb/epgsnoop if they have a DVB-S card.

If you're setting up a new system and haven't setup your channels yet I'd
recommend using tv_grab_nz-py - it does make things easier. It will grab the
feed for you using mythfilldatabase, filter out any you don't need etc. Feel
free to post a note here if you need some instruction.

[snip]
> Any other members around Rangiora or Christchurch?

I'm down the road in Timaru, there are some others in Chch.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP Supplier