tv_grab_nz-py (no longer Re: [mythtvnz] Time to rescan for TVNZ6 and Triangle Stratos)

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue Sep 18 07:20:33 BST 2007

>On Tuesday 18 September 2007 16:55:51 Guy Lowe wrote:
>>  tv_grab_nz-py is sky channels only, no? Or am I missing something?
>
>Actually it's just a grabber, it will happily grab and output anything you
>feed into it. It just so happens that the default feed it fetches from is the
>listings-sky feed (which does include 1, 2, 3 and 4 BTW).
>
>None of the feeds currently have info for the other freeview channels, it's
>something that I've been meaning to look into but paid work gets first dibs.
>
>hads

The feed at epg.hotblack.co.nz has the sky channels + TVNZ6,
SportExtra and Stratos in the interim.

Hads, I've just used tv_split and tv_cat to grab the freeview
listings and merge it with the Sky based listings before uploading.
It's a pain in the butt to update the script every time they release
a new channel, but it's not too complex.  8)

  - Wade