[mythtvnz] OT: composite and audio over cat5e cable [resent]

Robin Gilks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue Sep 18 04:54:20 BST 2007

Greetings

I'm looking for cheap solutions for extending TV/DVD outputs to several
rooms from a central receiver. I've already discounted RF coax (bad
quality) and dedicated component cables (too expensive) but the cat5
'extenders' I've seen on the 'net seem to be excessively priced for a
relatively straightforward job of matching 75ohm video to 600ohm balanced
cable and back.

Does anyone have any simple DIY circuit details that could be pressed into
service for this task? (presumably using differential drivers of some
sort).

Either that or a single source/multiple destination distribution
'extender' at a sensible price?

Eventually the house will have dedicated mythfrontends distributed about
but costs must be kept under control for now!!

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks