[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py and MythTV 0.20.2

Robin Gilks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:02:31 +1200 (NZST)

> The tvgrab script is brilliant, but things have been quite changable
> over the last few months. We could do with an easy howto for nz
> channels, maybe even seperating out the sky based steps from the
> freeview and the terrestrial.
> My own setup is a bit cobbled together also from reading bits of advise
> here and there on the mailing list.
>
> q: Do we have or could we organise a wiki page that will keep us going
> untill tv_grab_nz becomes part of a release? I'd be keen to help (even
> as a bit of a novice) having a rough idea and willing to be corrected.
>
> Barry

I second that.

I've got very confused with all the recent changes and since I'm pulling
my own epg data using epgsnoop and not 'net connected for the guide data,
I'd like to help in putting together (or at least testing) a howto.

The splitting into two parts - generating the xml file and then either
using (or downloading) it and getting it into mythtv would seem the
appropriate way, then a lot of people will only require the second half of
the instructions.

--
Robin Gilks