[mythtvnz] Sky viewers may get new TVNZ channels after all ....

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:58:17 +1200

------=_Part_10430_25936319.1189468697410

On 9/11/07, Barry Clearwater <barryc@bcsystems.co.nz> wrote:

> So what does this part mean then,
> "The approach could let Sky get around a copyright restriction that TVNZ
> believes would prevent the pay-TV company from loading the new channels
> into its electronic programming guide without TVNZ's permission."
> Don't we get tvnz info off the sky epg already?

Sky have permission to rebroadcast the EPG data for One and 2. They don't
have permission for any new channels. However if they can put the box into
"Freeview  mode" then they don't need to rebroadcast the EPG data, the box
can just operate as any other Freeview box does.

I'm not sure what is preventing them from using the EPG data TVNZ transmits
now though.

Cheers,
Steve