[mythtvnz] BVN (Dutch) @ B3 and Hello

Johan Schuld mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:37:54 +1200

------=_Part_12356_30903057.1189460274664

Hello all.

I've been "listening" in for a while so I thought I'd better let myself
know. I'm mythtv-ing for about 3 monthts now and I'm very happy with it.
I've got an old Dell system setup (nice and quiet) running Suse 10.2 and a
PVR-150.

For EPG I thankfully use hairygeek's guide (thanks!!).

As I don't have a DVB-S card (yet), I use an external decoder for Optus B3,
primarily to receive BVN (A Dutch channel). Unfortunately there is no EPG
for this from the satellite but there is this very nice chap up in the
states who wrote a script to scrape their website and stores it in XMLTV
format. So just in case there are more dutchies hanging around here, have a
look at : http://www.reinalda.net/software.html. If you are able to use it,
send the guy an e-mail as I'm sure likes hearing his SW is used.

A cool feature of his grabber is that a weekly overview is e-mailed to
select addresses in HTML format. If you click on an episode it will take you
to your mythtv's myth-web and you can choose to record it.

Anyways.. keep up the good work all.

Cheers,
Johan

------=_Part_12356_30903057.1189460274664

Hello all.<br><br>I&#39;ve been &quot;listening&quot; in for a while so I thought I&#39;d better let myself know. I&#39;m mythtv-ing for about 3 monthts now and I&#39;m very happy with it. I&#39;ve got an old Dell system setup (nice and quiet) running Suse

------=_Part_12356_30903057.1189460274664--