[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py and MythTV 0.20.2

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:37:02 +1200

Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:55:24 Steven Ellis wrote:
>
>> Just been having some epg grabber issues due to the way mythfilldatabase
>> now works
>>
>> Hadley - How do you cope with the fact that mythfilldatabase now calls
>> the xmltv script for each day it wants data. Do you cache the file so it
>> only gets downloaded the once?
>>

> You need to support the XLMTV capabilities option. If you show allatonce when
> called with --preferredmethod then mythfilldatabase will only call the
> grabber once and use as much data is as given.

Hadley - Thanks for that. The missing piece of the puzzle.

> Unfortunately mythfilldatabase still calls the grabber once for each input
> that is configured. I did implement the cache option which is in the XMLTV
> specs but it doesn't appear that myth (or any of the other XMLTV grabbers)
> support it :) I've thought about doing some internal caching to get around
> this but it hasn't been high on my priority list lately.

Still at most people might call it twice. The problem with missing
"allatonce" support was my own grabber was being called a hell of a lot
more than that.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz