[mythtvnz] help on myth weather

Barry Clearwater mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:53:33 +1200

Ive been looking at weather applets under Ubuntu Feisty and gdesklets,
they all seem to gather weather info from either Yahoo or weather.com.
Each of these sites have nz weather available but the plugins don't seem
to access them correctly.  It seems the foibles are hard coded in, so
its possible the same issues lies within Mythtv.
It needs some concerted coding effort by kiwi's  to work out this
functionality.
Anyone  know where it is within the code base?

Barry

On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 08:57 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
> stuart wrote:
> > Is this still not working? or is there a work around all. I can get is
> > the NZ overview map but the actual forecast temps, are way wrong.
> > Any help would be great
> > Stu
> >
> It is still seriously broken. In fact its currently so bad that the
> default MythTV 0.20.2 build disables it.
>
> Steve

18 Shaw Street
Mosgiel
mailto:barryc@bcsystems.co.nz