[mythtvnz] [semi-OT] LCD TVs with DPMS

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:31:57 +1200

Hey list,

We're looking to buy a new LCD TV for our joint and I'd prefer one that
supports DPMS.

We've got a little Panasonic Viera LCD in another room which doesn't do DPMS
and it annoys me. It seems DPMS is more common in plasma TVs than LCD.

We're looking at 40-42" panels and I've currently been leaning towards the
Toshiba and Sharp models but am welcome to input from others if it's not too
OT. It will of course be running a MythTV frontend :)

Unfortunately DPMS isn't usually listed as a spec on any of the web pages or
brochures and none of the sales people I've encountered know what it is.

Does anyone have any clues as what brands/models tend to support DPMS or not?
Short of taking my laptop in to the shop and doing a `xset dpms force off` to
test each set out (which I will do if it comes down to it).

Cheers,

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz