[mythtvnz] How feasible is this...?

Steve Lang steve.lang at spl.co.nz
Thu Oct 25 23:06:07 BST 2007

Hey.

Steven Ellis wrote:

[...]
> Crazy Crazy Crazy man ;)
>
> Have you considered using VLC to provide active streams of the channels?

Yeah - a VLC plugin would probably work, not sure about the integration
mechanics yet, and don't have hardware yet, hence 'testing the water'
with those whom know a lot more about it than I.
> Also if you are just dumping to disk how are you going to deal with the
> program breaks?

That'd be an issue for sure. I was hoping that there'd be an 'easy' way
to relatively simply dump all channels off a transponder into a folder,
with a filename a little bit more useful than file01.avi etc.
Integration with EPG would be nice, but maybe not a requirement - not
sure...

Program breaks would be a bit problematic, but if you got reasonably
flash when one prog stopped, you could possibly create an overlap -
every prog starts a few minutes early, and ends a few minutes later.
Would require some slicing, dicing and duplication which would start
getting complicated...

Cheers -