[mythtvnz] How feasible is this...?

Craig Spiers craig at spiers.gen.nz
Thu Oct 25 20:40:15 BST 2007

Who stocks these units in NZ?

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Steve Lang
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:46 PM
To: MythTV in NZ
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] How feasible is this...?

Hey.

[...]
.
> What format can your Player receive?

Shoutcast for internet radio, but i don't know of any video streaming
options. It does hi-def (720p) and has some other 'nice' features like
being able to play an .iso image mounted on a windows share. But no
video streaming as far as I know. http://www.ziova.com/cs505.php

However, I did read that someone configured twonkyvision (upnp server)
to talk to vlc and in effect send the tv stream to the player as a
standard (presumeably mpeg2) upnp file. That is really what I want to
duplicate, but instead pull many channels off, preferably get the EPG
from satellite, and save the streams as 'episodes'. E.g..
20071025 18:00 TV1 One News at 6:00pm.avi
20071025 19:00 TV1 CloseUp.avi
etc. etc. etc.

That would make it quite usable with a standard 'dumb' upnp player.

Cheers -