[mythtvnz] Skystar 2 cards

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Sun Oct 21 22:33:56 BST 2007

From: "Noel & Di" <noel at igrin.co.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 10:07 AM
Subject: [mythtvnz] Skystar 2 cards

>I went to order another Skystar card from trademe... & there are no
> listings for it.  Where can I get another one? or even a twin tuner
> DVB-S card?

The onely ones I can see really at the moment which will work under linux
are the VisionPlus cards on trademe. Not seen any skystar cards for a while.

There are other PCI-E cards on trademe (AD-SE20's) , but as far as I know
they are not supported under linux.

Seems like the price at the moment for these DVB-S cards are about $120-$140
each on trademe.

I expect a in a very short while alot of DVB-T cards coming up on trademe
when the DVB-T broadcasts start coming. Also I think alot of S/H DVB-S
tuners/dishes/cards as well when ppl start viewing DVB-T.

Thanks
Craig