[mythtvnz] PVR 150 irblaster and sky

Simon Green simon at simongreen.net
Wed Oct 17 09:06:30 BST 2007

Hi guys,

I have a PVR 150 with the built in (i.e. not usb) remote receiver and
blaster. I need to get the blaster going to change the channels on my
Sky decoder. I'm running mythtv (0.20.2) on Ubuntu Gutsy, and my sky
box is model DS230NNZ (the small sized grey box).

I know that I need to download firmware (haup-ir-blaster.bin) and have
done this. I know that I need to write a script (and tell mythtv-setup
about it). What I don't know (and hence why I am posted), is the part
in the middle. i.e. setting up an lircd.conf file so that I can send
signals to the blaster.

I've tried looking at Google, but can't seem to get the query correct
to give me useful results. Once I get it working, I'll post on
pvr.geek.nz wiki so others know what to do.

TIA.

  -- simon