[mythtvnz] Listings 1hour out of whack

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Tue Oct 9 18:51:49 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 00:01 +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:

> If the maintainers are committed to the timezone system they have at
> present, then they have to ensure that the timezone updates are done
> as soon as the new daylight saving setups become law.  Our changes
> were officially announced on 30-Apr-07.  Instead, they seem to wait
> until there is little time left, perhaps thinking that there might be
> further changes.  So there ends up being little leeway for any of the
> inevitable problems to be worked out.  Microsoft seems to be just as
> bad - at work the IT people had real problems ensuring that the server
> end of things worked properly, and they really only had less than a
> month to work on it.  I doubt it will be any better for AU changes,
> unless the Aussies do it for themselves.

It is worth noting that the bug in Debian was only raised on the 20th of
July regarding this "issue".  I think it is a bit much to require the
Debian (and other distro) maintainers to keep up to date on the law
changes around the world.  Also, the maintainer explains [1] why it
hasn't made it into the release proper yet.  I agree that
debian-volatile sucks for it, but oh well.

Apple still don't have an official patch out for the DST change.  Their
recommended fix is to change the clock on your computer.  One New
Zealander took it upon himself to create a patch for it. [2]

Be glad you aren't in Brazil where people received two weeks notice that
the DST change was changing [3]!

(Who knew there was a site [3] that reported DST changes?!  Makes my
first point somewhat moot...)

Cheers!

[2]
http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/9460D8D610337FFACC25736300826CF4