[mythtvnz] TVNZ announces High Definition plans

Jason Haar jhaar-ourshack-com at whanau.org
Sun Oct 7 22:36:21 BST 2007

Can I ask this same question in a different way - as I think Search
Engines need the answer as well as me :-)

If I buy a FreeView set top box today, I will (obviously) be able to use
it to view widescreen, standard definition TV channels. However,
according to that announcement, such a box will *not* be able to be used
next year to pick up widescreen, High Definition TV channels?

However, if I buy (say) a SkyStar PCI card today, then I should be able
to use it today to watch WS-SD, and next year it should also be able to
watch/record WS-HD channels?

Thanks

Jason