[mythtvnz] Motnerboard recommendation

David Hawke David.Hawke at ppfort.net
Wed Oct 3 23:51:19 BST 2007

paul arthur wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I checked the list, looks like the mobo of choice is the Asus M2npv-vm
> (AM2 with onboard nvidia tvout + 5.1, spdif etc)
>
> pconline tell me its out of stock and no longer produced.
>
> any recommendations?? or suppliers with M2npv-vm ??
>
> im replacing my blown up A7N8X socket A motherboard, and dont mind
> purchasing new cpu+memory for my ugly black ATX case ;)

Looks as though Asus recommend the M2A-vm as the replacement  (ATIsb600)
(no tv out though)

Quick details look like

Enjoy DVI Supported Playback of HD DVD and Blu-ray Discs
- The first integrated VGA MB supports Playback of HD DVD and Blu-ray
Discs with HDCP compliant
- Support Dual-VGA output(DVI-D&RGB) and SurroundView
- Support AMD Socket AM2 CPU
- AMD 690G Chipset
- Integrated ATI Radeon X1250-based graphics
- PCI Express architecture
- Gb LAN
- DDR2 800
- 4*SATA 300MB/s RAID 0,RAID 1, RAID10

Haven't done any chcking on myth suitability / issues though so YMMV

David H